Students who are interested in living in Berlin Village will need to apply for a townhouse during the application process that occurs each spring semester. In order to be eligible to live in Berlin Village, students will need the following:
- Three prospective students of the same gender to live alongside yourself for the complete academic year.
- We do allow for one replacement student in case a student lives in the Townhouse for one semester.
- Every student must have at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA.
Once a signed and completed application is turned in and the application period is closed, applications are then compared on a point-based system by gender.
Students can gain an additional point for having a 3.0 cumulative GPA and for every semester they have lived on campus (study abroad students and men living in fraternity houses will gain points during this time).
Students can lose points based on any judicial history they have with the college. A major violation (federal, state, and local laws) is a two-point deduction, while a school policy violation is a one-point deduction. Any disciplinary probationary status or disciplinary suspension during a student’s tenure at Westminster College will disqualify the entire application. The first year of college is considered a ‘growing year’ therefore no student conduct violations from that year will be considered with the exception of disciplinary probation or disciplinary suspension. If you have any questions in the mean-time, please reach out to Patrick J. Bussiere, Director of Residence Life
Berlin Village Amenities
- Full kitchen with amenities including a dishwasher, full-size stove/oven, sink, dishwasher, washer/dryer
- Living room which includes a couch, chair, coffee table and end table
- Single bedrooms for all four occupants which include a bed, desk, 3-drawer dresser and closet
- Heat and air-conditioning provided by geothermal energy
- Internet (wired/wireless) and cable
- Dedicated parking lot
- 2 full baths (one upstairs, one downstairs)
- Increased privacy
- Carpeted throughout (except for kitchen area)
- More independence!
The Berlin Village Townhouse Informational Meetings are as follows:
- Friday, December 1, 2023: 11:30AM Berlin Lounge, McKelvey Campus Center
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024: 11:30AM Berlin Lounge, McKelvey Campus Center
The Berlin Village Townhouse 2024-2025 Application Timeline is as follows:
- Applications become available on my.westminster on Monday, December 4, 2023.
- One application per group of four students of the same sex is due in hard copy to The Office of Student Affairs in the McKelvey Campus Center by 4:30 pm on Friday, February 2, 2024.
- Applicants receiving a placement in the Berlin Village Townhouses will be emailed by WC email on Friday, February 9, 2024 at 4:30 PM
- If you pay in person, please be sure to keep the receipt they give you. You will need to bring the receipt to the Student Affairs Office when you sign the lease. If you have paid via CashNet or a check was sent on your behalf, we will receive a list from the Business Office.
- Lease signing will start the week of February 12, 2024 and all leases must be signed (and therefore, deposits paid) by Friday, February 23, 2024 at 4:30 pm. You will receive a copy of the lease and The Berlin Village Guide to Living for your records.
- Please discuss the bedroom placements with your group. When you sign your lease, we will ask you for your bedroom assignment.
- Every student accepted to Berlin Village must pay the $300. If you are only living at Berlin Village for one semester, you still need to pay the full deposit and sign the lease by the dates outlined above. If you are a current resident at Berlin Village you do not need to pay the deposit. Your current deposit will be held over for next year.
- If one (or more) member(s) of your group fails to pay the deposit and sign the lease by Friday, February 23, the application will be considered withdrawn and the group will be removed from their townhouse placement and the next group on the waitlist will be contacted. If you have any questions in the mean-time, please reach out to Patrick J. Bussiere, Director of Residence Life.