A credit balance results when financial aid and/or payments exceed institutional charges. If a student has a credit balance and incurs additional charges, they will be deducted from the credit balance (examples: student affairs charges, parking tickets, print charges, etc.). A student may be eligible to receive a refund of their credit balance under certain circumstances by completing a Student Account Refund Request (Refund Request) form.

  • Refund Request forms can be picked up and filled out at the Business Office.
  • All students who submit a Refund Request for a credit balance can expect their refund check to be available the week following the Add/Drop period in any given semester. The Business Office will notify you via e-mail when your check is ready to be picked up.
  • Refund requests may also be submitted anytime during the semester following the Add/Drop period except for the two weeks at the end of the semester when bills are being created for the following semester.  The cutoff date to submit refund request form for a fall credit balance is December 1st and spring credit balance is May 1st.  If you do not submit a request by these dates, your credit will carry over to the following semester.  NOTE:  This does NOT apply for mandatory refunds.  Any federal aid or other type of credit that results in a mandatory refund will be processed during this time.
  • Required refunds of credit balances related to federal financial aid will be made automatically to the student within 14 days after the financial aid is posted, as mandated by federal law. A refund will be issued only if the student's balance is paid in full.
  • If a student has a Parent Plus Loan on their account, and the parent indicated on the loan application form that they would like refunds sent to the “Borrower”, the student must submit a Refund Request. However, the refund check will be made payable and sent to the parent. If the parent chose “Borrower” on the application form but would like the refund payable to the student, the parent must fill out the appropriate form at the Business Office indicating any credit balance may be refunded to the student.
  • Students should not use their student account as a bank and should limit refund requests to as few as possible.
  • If you signed up for electronic refunds via CashNet, this will be the method you receive your refund unless you change this via CashNet.

How will I receive my credit balance refund?

Sign up for E-Refund via CASHNet.
If you sign up for E-Refund via CASHNet, funds will be deposited directly into your designated bank account when you submit a Refund Request to the Business Office.

Refund Checks Mailed.
Refund checks can be mailed to a student’s permanent address. Please verify your permanent address is correct prior to refunds being issued.

Refund Checks Picked Up at Business Office.
Refund checks can be picked up at the Business Office. Students will be required to show proper ID and sign for their check.

Do I have a credit refund?

Check your bill on CASHNet each time they are published to see if you have a credit balance and can request a refund.
If you have any questions regarding our refund policy, please contact the Business Office at 724-946-7140 or e-mail at

Refer to the student handbook for information regarding refunds for withdrawing from the College.