Tues. Aug. 4, 9:00am – 3:00pm (held via Zoom)
Academic leaders from three NSF-funded programs (varying institutions), all sharing a common theme of cross-disciplinary, team- and project-based learning experiences, invite you to participate in a virtual workshop highlighting the importance of students’ leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills development. In addition to learning about the structure, implementation, and outcomes of these three programs, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in multiple hands-on breakout sessions. While individual participants are welcome, teams from institutions are highly encouraged to attend. Attendees may select sessions that tie to their respective academic interests.
The workshop content is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Nos.: 1712028, 1625429, 1712227, 1712215, 1712225, and 1712203.
- Westminster College (PA)
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- State University of New York (Cortland, Plattsburgh, Oneonta, Oswego)
Workshop participants will:
- Learn about three different models for incorporating cross-disciplinary, team- and project-based experiences into undergraduate education and strategies for assessment
- Participate in hands-on breakout teamwork that models team learning using key team skills
- Develop cross-disciplinary, team- and project-based work for their classes with feedback from those who have experience with this pedagogy