Health Services at The Wellness Center
Melissa Baron, M.Ed., BSN, RN, CHWP
Director of the Wellness Center
Ground floor of Shaw Hall
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, appointments are required for all visits to the Wellness Center.
Health Services Hours (by appointment):
Monday - Friday: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm (except during holidays and recesses)
College Physician Hours (by appointment):
Monday: 1 pm to 3 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:30 am to 10 am
Thursday: 1 pm to 3 pm
Friday: 8 am to 9:30 am
Counseling Services Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Wellness Center provides medical care to all undergraduate students who pay the Activity Fee. Its purpose is to educate students about health related issues and to provide health care on an out-patient basis. A registered nurse is on duty during the day, and the college physician or physician assistant holds clinic hours Monday through Friday by appointment. The Center is equipped for routine diagnosis and treatment. When necessary, students are referred to other local physicians or health centers for additional care and treatment. Adagio Health provides reproductive health services at the Wellness Center once a month and has a office in New Castle.
- Illness/injury care and follow-up
- Diagnostic laboratory testing
- Health promotion counseling
- Allergy injections (additional fee, students provide own serum)
- Suture removals and dressing changes
- Flu vaccine clinic
- TB testing
- Referral to community health care providers and services
- Equipment to lend (crutches)
- Free walk-in self care cold clinic
- physicals (additional fee may apply)
Reproductive Health Care:
- Adagio Health Clinic held monthly for annual gynecological exams, contraception, and sexual health care needs.
- STD testing Clinics
- Consultations regarding reproductive health concerns
- Books and resources to borrow
- Programming on health related topics when requested
Visits to the Wellness Center are confidential. If students wish to have medical information disclosed to another person/entity, a signed consent must be filed.