Westminster College Counseling Services is committed to the personal growth and development of all Westminster students and the campus community. All students are welcome, and a philosophy of diversity is embraced with a spirit of respect and acceptance.

Counseling Services is designed to meet the emotional needs of Westminster students. A range of free services is offered to students wanting help with personal concerns. Some of the concerns that may be addressed with the counselors are: psychological problems, relationship and family issues, academic and personal stress, depression, anxiety, test anxiety, abuse (sexual, physical, emotional) and non life threatening eating issues. Services may be offered in the form of individual sessions, group meetings or family meetings. The Counselors also provide consultation to friends, faculty and parents concerned about a student in distress while respecting the confidentiality of all concerned.

Location: Wellness Center (Ground Level of Shaw Hall)
Contact information: Sarah Gellman, LPC
From a college phone: x7340

             From off campus or cell: 724 946-7340
Email: gellmasm@westminster.edu

Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (flexible according to need)
Contact information:  Melinda Wise, LSW
Phone: From a college phone: x7378 
             From off campus or cell:
724 946-7378
Email: wisemj@westminster.edu

Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. (flexible according to need)
For Weekend or After Hours Emergencies: Call Campus Security @ 724 946-7777 from cell or off campus or 7777 from a campus phone

Sexual Assault Information Portal
Surviving Stress and Anxiety in College and Beyond                                                                                                                                        
If you are experiencing depression or anxiety, click on ULifeline link above or the Self-eValuator below. This anonymous screening is for informational purposes only. If, as a result of any of this screening, you become aware that you have a problem, you are encouraged to seek help from the college counselor at x7340 or other professional mental health care provider. 


Other Information available on the ULifeline site:
Alcohol and Drugs
Bi-Polar Disorder
Self harm
Eating Disorders
Grief and Loss

You must be logged in to join this group.