The Professional Development Center provides superior services to help students discern their academic and vocational interests. Through innovative programming, individualized support, and connections with the Titan Network of alumni and friends, students are empowered to lead lives of meaning, integrity, and success in the 21st century workforce.
Professional Development Center staff members are committed to:
- Currency in research and best practices that support student’s vocational discernment and preparedness for a rapidly evolving workforce.
- Awareness of emerging trends across industries to inform planning, services, and resources.
- Experiential learning that allows students to explore and discover their career paths.
- Inclusive support of all students through innovative programming.
- Students’ lifelong professional and personal development.
- Proactive and responsive collaboration with College and community partners to augment students’ professional development opportunities and vocational preparedness.
AREAS OF DISTINCTION
The Professional Development Center will be distinguished by and assessed for services that lead to:
- Students’ career preparedness though personal assessments, individualized career counseling, transformative experiential opportunities and professional programming.
- Collaborative relationships that provide students with opportunities to explore career interests and to develop professional competencies that lead to vocational success.
- Strong peer-to-peer and alumni-to-student networks that build students’ professional competencies.
- Strong relationships with community and employer partners that create internship and career opportunities for students.