Skip To Content

Westminster College offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time faculty, administration, and support staff. Listed below are the major benefits that eligible full-time employees and their families receive. While the majority of benefits are identical for all employees, some benefits vary among the three employee categories: Faculty, Administrative Staff, Support Staff

Tuition Remission


  • Immediately available for employees at Westminster.
  • Available for spouse and dependent children at Westminster as follows:
    • Not available during first year of employment.
    • 33% at the completion of one full year of employment.
    • 67% at the completion of two full years of employment.
    • 100% at the completion of three full years of employment.
  • After a four year waiting period:
    The Tuition Exchange, Inc.
    APCU (Association of Presbyterian Colleges and Universities) Tuition Exchange
    CIC (Council of Independent Colleges) Tuition Exchange Program
    • exchange program within CIC membership
    • availability based on campus-wide employee seniority
    • www.cic.edu



Retirement


The College utilizes the TIAA retirement plan. Employees may join the plan immediately without a College match. After a one year waiting period, the College will contribute 7.5% of earnings if the employee contributes at least 5% (more if they choose) in order to receive the College's match. TIAA enables you to view the accumulation in your accounts as well as to transfer amounts between funds online. To utilize these or other features visit the TIAA web site at www.tiaa.org


Group Health Insurance

Medical insurance is available to all regular full time employees for self and dependents. The College utilizes United Healthcare and offers a Choice QEQ Plan.. The Pennsylvania Choice QEQ Plan includes a $6,000 individual /$12,000 maximum per family deductible per year. In addition, a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) is in place to reimburse employees for in-network deductible amounts in excess of $500/individual and $1,000/family. Coverage is available without a physical exam and includes prescription drug coverage. 70% of the cost of the current plan is paid by the College while the other 30% is paid by the employee.

The 2016-17 monthly charges for the employee portions, for reference only, are as follows:

 Level of Coverage United Healthcare
Employee Only $ 153.19
Employee, plus one dependent $ 306.37
Employee, plus two or more dependents $ 459.56

 

Vision Insurance

Vision insurance is available to all regular full time employees for self and dependents.  The College utilizes Highmark and offers the Fashion Focus Option III. 70% of the cost of the current plan is paid by the College while the other 30% is paid by the employee.

The 2016-17 monthly charges for the employee portions, for reference only, are as follows:

  Level of Coverage                                                  Fashion Focus III

  Employee Only                                                            $ 1.55

  Family                                                                        $ 4.48

 

Voluntary Dental Insurance


Dental insurance in offered on a VOLUNTARY basis with the monthly premiums being fully paid by employees. Current provider is Highmark BlueEdge Dental. Plan combines freedom to choose any dentist with the economy of managed care. 100/80/50 Plan.

The 2016-17 monthly charges, for reference only, are:

Level of Coverage Blue Edge Dental
Employee $ 34.82
Employee + Spouse $ 69.37
Employee + Child(ren) $ 62.64
Family $105.28




Other Benefits


In addition to the benefits described above the College also provides all employees with group life insurance. Coverage is 150% of base annual salary to a maximum of $100,000 with the full premium cost paid by the College. The College also provides long term disability insurance with the full premium cost paid by the College. The benefit is 60% of earnings to a monthly maximum of $10,000.


Paid Time Off


The College's time off policies vary based upon type of position, years of service, and hours worked. For information on the amount of available time off, please consult the appropriate employee handbook.